But to lose all my senses, that is just so typically me.
If you recognize those lyrics, I'll give you a dollar out of sympathy.
Anyway, we did go out to Commuknity and we had an excellent time. There's something about people actually talking to their customers (typed: costumers), and big open spaces that are walker/wheelchair/crutches friendly (there was a lady on crutches, and Grandma had her walker), with lots of places to sit. (And for Calmer comparison: eleven dollars at Commuknity.)
And, if you're in a good mood, with a friendly atmosphere, you're more willing to buy. Which I did. I bought six balls of Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich to make Hopeful. There were a lot of pretty colors, but I already have blue, fuschia, and teal things lined up to knit.
I also enabled both my mom and my grandma. Grandma wanted to knit a throw, but since they're big, they're ambitious, they add up. So we ultimately figured that really, she just wanted to knit something, so why not a scarf for my cousin? We picked out two skeins of Silk Garden in really pretty colors (a new color I hadn't seen!), a circular needle in size 10, and she's good to go. Mom, on the other hand, has swiped my Crystal Palace 9s (the ones I used for Audrey) and so she bought me a Clover 9 to replace it; I'll be using it for my Calmer-sub jacket. When I get to that. And she also bought some Crystal Palace Kid Merino in a really pretty pink-green. Roses, actually.
And since there's always the issue of "who won": Mom won, followed by Grandma. I lost. ...Or did I?
I'll probably start up on Hopeful after I finish up the Cabaret sweater, which I've been working on off and on. I mean, I'm still on the back (bleh), but I haven't really been knitting much this past week, despite carrying it around with me the whole time, from work to the city to work to the movies to a bar to Half Moon Bay to San Jose and back again.
Oh, and hey, something to make with Cotton Fleece.
Anyway, we did go out to Commuknity and we had an excellent time. There's something about people actually talking to their customers (typed: costumers), and big open spaces that are walker/wheelchair/crutches friendly (there was a lady on crutches, and Grandma had her walker), with lots of places to sit. (And for Calmer comparison: eleven dollars at Commuknity.)
And, if you're in a good mood, with a friendly atmosphere, you're more willing to buy. Which I did. I bought six balls of Rowan Wool Cotton in Rich to make Hopeful. There were a lot of pretty colors, but I already have blue, fuschia, and teal things lined up to knit.
I also enabled both my mom and my grandma. Grandma wanted to knit a throw, but since they're big, they're ambitious, they add up. So we ultimately figured that really, she just wanted to knit something, so why not a scarf for my cousin? We picked out two skeins of Silk Garden in really pretty colors (a new color I hadn't seen!), a circular needle in size 10, and she's good to go. Mom, on the other hand, has swiped my Crystal Palace 9s (the ones I used for Audrey) and so she bought me a Clover 9 to replace it; I'll be using it for my Calmer-sub jacket. When I get to that. And she also bought some Crystal Palace Kid Merino in a really pretty pink-green. Roses, actually.
And since there's always the issue of "who won": Mom won, followed by Grandma. I lost. ...Or did I?
I'll probably start up on Hopeful after I finish up the Cabaret sweater, which I've been working on off and on. I mean, I'm still on the back (bleh), but I haven't really been knitting much this past week, despite carrying it around with me the whole time, from work to the city to work to the movies to a bar to Half Moon Bay to San Jose and back again.
Oh, and hey, something to make with Cotton Fleece.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home