Wow, okay.
So the yarn is still in transit. No new updates on UPS.com, but it should arrive on Tuesday, it says.
Yesterday we went out to Half Moon Bay for a day trip (actually, I don't really know why we went out to Half Moon Bay at all, but they were like "hey do you want to go" and I said "sure, there's a yarn store there"). And we went to the yarn store, Fengari. It was okay. Pricey. Calmer used to be my standard "price check" yarn because I did so much research on where to buy it -- some places it's eleven, some places it's twelve. Here it was thirteen. Although really I should have probably checked the Lamb's Pride. Plus everything was out of order and jumbled up, and there were boxes everywhere. Since we were with Grandma, who needs help walking either from one of us or a walker, it was pretty hard to navigate. And ultimately it was kind of disappointing, because they really didn't have anything I wanted that I couldn't find anywhere else for cheaper. Plus the service was kind of mediocre -- the girl was getting ready for her rehearsal dinner and there was a tuxedo crisis. We heard this all on the phone while she's behind the counter. I don't think I actually saw her help anyone or ring them up. So I don't know. If I happen to be in Half Moon Bay again, I'll probably stop by again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go.
But Grandma decided she wants to try knitting herself a big blanket for her living room (she used to knit wonderful intarsia and everything, but now she's blind in her right eye and has no peripheral vision in her left), but the yarn was too expensive at Fengari (not to mention it didn't match her house). So I said, "Well, hey, there's Commuknity in San Jose. It's big, well-lit, and easy to navigate. The prices are good, the ladies are really nice, and there are places to sit down."
So that's where we're probably going to be heading today. There's a book reading from two to four, so we want to get there before that happens.
Yesterday we went out to Half Moon Bay for a day trip (actually, I don't really know why we went out to Half Moon Bay at all, but they were like "hey do you want to go" and I said "sure, there's a yarn store there"). And we went to the yarn store, Fengari. It was okay. Pricey. Calmer used to be my standard "price check" yarn because I did so much research on where to buy it -- some places it's eleven, some places it's twelve. Here it was thirteen. Although really I should have probably checked the Lamb's Pride. Plus everything was out of order and jumbled up, and there were boxes everywhere. Since we were with Grandma, who needs help walking either from one of us or a walker, it was pretty hard to navigate. And ultimately it was kind of disappointing, because they really didn't have anything I wanted that I couldn't find anywhere else for cheaper. Plus the service was kind of mediocre -- the girl was getting ready for her rehearsal dinner and there was a tuxedo crisis. We heard this all on the phone while she's behind the counter. I don't think I actually saw her help anyone or ring them up. So I don't know. If I happen to be in Half Moon Bay again, I'll probably stop by again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go.
But Grandma decided she wants to try knitting herself a big blanket for her living room (she used to knit wonderful intarsia and everything, but now she's blind in her right eye and has no peripheral vision in her left), but the yarn was too expensive at Fengari (not to mention it didn't match her house). So I said, "Well, hey, there's Commuknity in San Jose. It's big, well-lit, and easy to navigate. The prices are good, the ladies are really nice, and there are places to sit down."
So that's where we're probably going to be heading today. There's a book reading from two to four, so we want to get there before that happens.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home