Tuesday, September 06, 2005

like that guy who wants to go to every starbucks

This weekend I went out to Capitola for Labor Day. We went last year for the Begonia Festival (this year's theme was Begonia Fiesta). And I remembered that, last year, after returning back from Capitola, I discovered that there was a yarn store in the vicinity. Oops. So, on returning to Capitola, I decided to keep my eyes open for the yarn store. And we drove right by it (hooow conveeenient).

It goes hand in hand with saying that I've visited a lot of yarn stores this summer: Commuknity in San Jose, Uncommon Threads in Los Altos, Creative Hands in San Carlos, Fengari in Half Moon Bay, and now The Yarn Place in Capitola. Not to mention the Summer Fiber Market in Oakland. I've never been to Atelier in San Francisco, but I have been to Artfibers and Imagiknit in San Francisco (but not this summer), as well as the Knitter's Studio in Menlo Park (which I don't like at all).

Anyway, it was fine -- some stuff I hadn't seen in other places, but a lack of things I really wanted (the only laceweight mohair they had came in neon, black, grey, white, and powder blue). I bought some pink Silky Wool for a one-skein wonder, even though I bought, uh, two skeins. Maybe I'll make the sleeves longer...

I should probably just write up a big yarn store review thingum at some point.

I'm now no longer allowed to buy any more yarn until I've either finished SOMETHING (haven't I been saying this all summer?) or I hit Web-sters in Ashland. Kidsilk Haze, wootwoot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

No fair Jeanne! How come your posts get the spam? I feel unloved.

Tue Sep 06, 04:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Clearly I'm just that much cooler. It happened before; I just deleted it.

Does this mean we've officially made it?

Tue Sep 06, 07:37:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home