lacey gauzy just in time for FREEZING
It's been raining here off and on since Friday. You'd think it was October in Oregon or something.
Anyway, the Vogue Knitting preview is up and there's stuff I like versus the stuff I like and might actually make. This one is really cute and appears to be a knitted-in-the-round yoke sweater, which I approve of, and would probably make with the colors as-is. And this is more intriguing than I thought it would be from the thumbnail, but I don't think it's something I'd actually make (plus it clearly needs sleeves; no proper lady shows her bare arm!). This and this are beautiful, but I'd never make them. For one, the coat looks intense. For two, the gauzy cardigan is lovely but what the hell gauge is that and that definitely won't be keeping anyone warm at ALL.
I probably won't be going to the wedding, as it's the weekend before Thanksgiving and all that zipping around on an airplane doesn't exactly sound like fun (as in, I was looking for a return flight back to Eugene on Monday morning, and then I realized I'd be back at the airport on Tuesday night for Thanksgiving). I'm bummed but what can you do?
When I arranged my yarn in my bookshelf (I took pictures, don't worry), I arranged it in potential knitting order. This is what the line-up looks like:
- I Can't Believe It's Garter-Stitch Homespun
- The Greek Pullover
- Butterfly
- The Majestic KSH (seriously, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with this)
- sweater for the boyfriend
- the stretch merino cabled jacket
- the Baghdad Blue Peace Fleece that was once Rogue
With the Majestic KSH, I have a slight problem in that it's a good color for me as an accessory but probably not as a full garment. I have four balls, which is enough to do Aimee from Vintage Knits, which is cute but I'd rather do it in a color versus the warm grey-purple I have. (Edit: You know what? Since I bought it from Commuknity, I'll e-mail them and see if I could either bring them back in over Thanksgiving or if we could swap through mail.)
Not in the bookcase, I have the hat for the boyfriend which I need to rip back and fix because it's too small (for either of us). I'm only slightly cranky about this, but I guess it means I can fix the wonky decreasing at the top.
Brr. I don't like the cold.
Anyway, the Vogue Knitting preview is up and there's stuff I like versus the stuff I like and might actually make. This one is really cute and appears to be a knitted-in-the-round yoke sweater, which I approve of, and would probably make with the colors as-is. And this is more intriguing than I thought it would be from the thumbnail, but I don't think it's something I'd actually make (plus it clearly needs sleeves; no proper lady shows her bare arm!). This and this are beautiful, but I'd never make them. For one, the coat looks intense. For two, the gauzy cardigan is lovely but what the hell gauge is that and that definitely won't be keeping anyone warm at ALL.
I probably won't be going to the wedding, as it's the weekend before Thanksgiving and all that zipping around on an airplane doesn't exactly sound like fun (as in, I was looking for a return flight back to Eugene on Monday morning, and then I realized I'd be back at the airport on Tuesday night for Thanksgiving). I'm bummed but what can you do?
When I arranged my yarn in my bookshelf (I took pictures, don't worry), I arranged it in potential knitting order. This is what the line-up looks like:
- I Can't Believe It's Garter-Stitch Homespun
- The Greek Pullover
- Butterfly
- The Majestic KSH (seriously, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with this)
- sweater for the boyfriend
- the stretch merino cabled jacket
- the Baghdad Blue Peace Fleece that was once Rogue
With the Majestic KSH, I have a slight problem in that it's a good color for me as an accessory but probably not as a full garment. I have four balls, which is enough to do Aimee from Vintage Knits, which is cute but I'd rather do it in a color versus the warm grey-purple I have. (Edit: You know what? Since I bought it from Commuknity, I'll e-mail them and see if I could either bring them back in over Thanksgiving or if we could swap through mail.)
Not in the bookcase, I have the hat for the boyfriend which I need to rip back and fix because it's too small (for either of us). I'm only slightly cranky about this, but I guess it means I can fix the wonky decreasing at the top.
Brr. I don't like the cold.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home