And because I can.
A knitting meme, swiped from Alexandra.
What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
You know, I don't know. I like the Merino Stretch I've been using. And I have a lot of it. Merino sock yarn is nice too, and so is Cascade 220 for the pure "hey that's a lot of yardage" factor.
The worst thing you've ever knit?
Kyoto from Knitty. Bad colors, bad yarn choice, bad fit, bad decision all around. I didn't even finish sewing it up. After that, I'd say Hush-Hush. Tiny needles and a lot of work (after twisting up my first attempt terribly), and it's too big and too droopy.
Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
For the sheer take-something-easy-along-with-you, get-it-done-and-wear-it factor, I'd have to say the One-Skein Wonder.
Most valuable knitting technique?
Mattress stitch and cable cast-on.
Best knit book or magazine?
Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques.
Your favourite knit-a-long?
I joined a grand total of one. The Kyoto knit-along. That sure went well.
Your favourite knitblogs?
In the sidebar. I'm particularly fond of Domesticat and Knit and Tonic. I also look through a lot of Alexandra's links.
Your favourite knitwear designer?
I like Kim Hargreaves' stuff (but not so much the stuff she's done now that she's "independent"), Stefanie Japel's designs, Alexandra's designs, some of the IK stuff... I like classic-looking things, dressier-looking things, but I never wear them.
The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
Truly? It's probably one of the scarves that my mom or my grandma made for me. As for the knit item that I made that I wear the most... I'd say Audrey. In retrospect, though, I think I would have made it a different color. As in, not pale pink.
I tag Kati and "elle" and anyone who reads this and wants to do it.
What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
You know, I don't know. I like the Merino Stretch I've been using. And I have a lot of it. Merino sock yarn is nice too, and so is Cascade 220 for the pure "hey that's a lot of yardage" factor.
The worst thing you've ever knit?
Kyoto from Knitty. Bad colors, bad yarn choice, bad fit, bad decision all around. I didn't even finish sewing it up. After that, I'd say Hush-Hush. Tiny needles and a lot of work (after twisting up my first attempt terribly), and it's too big and too droopy.
Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
For the sheer take-something-easy-along-with-you, get-it-done-and-wear-it factor, I'd have to say the One-Skein Wonder.
Most valuable knitting technique?
Mattress stitch and cable cast-on.
Best knit book or magazine?
Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques.
Your favourite knit-a-long?
I joined a grand total of one. The Kyoto knit-along. That sure went well.
Your favourite knitblogs?
In the sidebar. I'm particularly fond of Domesticat and Knit and Tonic. I also look through a lot of Alexandra's links.
Your favourite knitwear designer?
I like Kim Hargreaves' stuff (but not so much the stuff she's done now that she's "independent"), Stefanie Japel's designs, Alexandra's designs, some of the IK stuff... I like classic-looking things, dressier-looking things, but I never wear them.
The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
Truly? It's probably one of the scarves that my mom or my grandma made for me. As for the knit item that I made that I wear the most... I'd say Audrey. In retrospect, though, I think I would have made it a different color. As in, not pale pink.
I tag Kati and "elle" and anyone who reads this and wants to do it.
Labels: Jeanne



3 Comments:
Ooh, I've been called out! I will take your challenge. Watch for it, oh yes. (Does this make me crave a knitting blog even more? And how!)
As for "elle", well, it feels almost natural, since I'm trying to go more by L.Skinner in my art ;)
Regarding your answers, I had totally wondered what became of Kyoto. Now I know. Did you ever reuse the yarn for anything or is it living completely in scrap hell?
Kyoto is half-ripped out, half-tucked away in one of my Tupperware bins (i.e. where things go to die). I tried using it for a Honeymoon camisole, but I just wound up getting angry at it. Apparently I am still angry at it.
Some day I would be highly amused if you photograph your tupperware bins. You could get all artsy and documentarian about it.
And I think Kyoto was a cool idea but ultimately doomed. Interesting shape but just not that pretty out of knitwear, y'know? It really is a garment that needs to be sewn to look good.
Post a Comment
<< Home