Thursday, November 03, 2005

knitting meme! (or posting not on sunday, what?)

I've been tagged. And so:

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?

Cotton Fleece. Was there any doubt? But the Merino Stretch was fun too... and I still have a sweater's worth! (Please don't ask how much Cotton Fleece I have.)

The worst thing you've ever knit?

God. Um. Probably the Postmodern Legwarmers. The needles were far bigger than I like to use (yay broomsticks!) and they didn't fit because I have enormous calves (this is why ribbing is AWESOME.) And ten million feet of icord. Sheesh. Needless to say, they're a pair of voodoo armwarmers now. Case of not thinking the pattern through.

Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
Any of the felted bags I've done. They're quick, they're easy, and then you get to felt them. And Coronet. Coronet was way fun, even though I don't wear it. It taught me how to cable, for which I shall be forever grateful.

Most valuable knitting technique?
Valuable? Um, the knit stitch? Does that not count? I guess Kitchener, because that's fun. Or CABLING. I do so love to cable.

Best knit book or magazine?
Knitter's Companion, without a doubt. Love it.

Your favourite knit-a-long?
I have yet to join one. Does the time that Dorothy and I made like ten million dinosaurs count?

Your favourite knitblogs?
Oooher. I'm going to go with Fluffa. Oh and Pinku! Pinku is way cute, but there isn't that much knitting content, compared to what we have in the sidebar. ... I guess I like the international knitblogs?

Your favourite knitwear designer?
Jenna Adorno has really cute patterns (some of which I am going to knit/finish knitting someday,) and then whenever I pick up a vogue knitting I always gravative towards the Debbie Bliss patterns. I also like Stephanie Japel as an knitwear artist, but most of her designs would be unflattering on me, so not with the knitting.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
Does my sophie bag count? If not, then either my gryff sweater or my armwarmer/hobo glove things. And my blue scarf will be in the running soon, since it is now freezing. HOORAH.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home