hiiyah!
Iron Chef Knitter Jeanne has completed the back of the cabled jacket!

It took a little over two skeins (you can see where I added in the third) for the back; since yarn estimates are supposed to be 1/3 back, 1/3 fronts, and 1/3 sleeves, I think I'll be okay with the nine balls that I have. I think it'll be a little long on me, but then it's also supposed to be a 37" finished bust, which is going to be a little roomy anyway.
So now I have to finish up the sock and the garter stitch throw before Thanksgiving. And I said I'd finish sewing up the baby sweaters at Stitch'n'Bitch tonight, but I'm still not in seaming-mode.
Anyway, I'm still having "what color should I pick" issues, so I went ahead and scanned in the color chart from the Elann November newsletter. The color quality on some of them suck, so I'll be bringing it to Stitch'n'Bitch tonight too (and possibly tomorrow if I don't make a decision tonight and hope that a new stranger will show up and give their opinion).
But if you'd like to see it, it's here. It's the Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran (80% wool 20% alpaca!), and it goes on sale on November 22nd. So there's plenty of time to think about it, but I'm just a nerd that way. I like having things planned out way in advance.
The colors I'm looking at are Walnut (dark brown), Garnet (uhh, garnet), Mulberry (purpley-red), Italian Plum (red-purple), Blackberry Wine (blue-purple), and Jasper (dark emerald green). Right now I'm leaning towards Italian Plum. But I am taking other opinions into consideration. Just know that I'm leaning away from blues (because I wear jeans all the time), I'm very picky about reds, and I'm already knitting something green, so that's why I'm thinking a deep purple. But will I wear it is the question...

It took a little over two skeins (you can see where I added in the third) for the back; since yarn estimates are supposed to be 1/3 back, 1/3 fronts, and 1/3 sleeves, I think I'll be okay with the nine balls that I have. I think it'll be a little long on me, but then it's also supposed to be a 37" finished bust, which is going to be a little roomy anyway.
So now I have to finish up the sock and the garter stitch throw before Thanksgiving. And I said I'd finish sewing up the baby sweaters at Stitch'n'Bitch tonight, but I'm still not in seaming-mode.
Anyway, I'm still having "what color should I pick" issues, so I went ahead and scanned in the color chart from the Elann November newsletter. The color quality on some of them suck, so I'll be bringing it to Stitch'n'Bitch tonight too (and possibly tomorrow if I don't make a decision tonight and hope that a new stranger will show up and give their opinion).
But if you'd like to see it, it's here. It's the Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran (80% wool 20% alpaca!), and it goes on sale on November 22nd. So there's plenty of time to think about it, but I'm just a nerd that way. I like having things planned out way in advance.
The colors I'm looking at are Walnut (dark brown), Garnet (uhh, garnet), Mulberry (purpley-red), Italian Plum (red-purple), Blackberry Wine (blue-purple), and Jasper (dark emerald green). Right now I'm leaning towards Italian Plum. But I am taking other opinions into consideration. Just know that I'm leaning away from blues (because I wear jeans all the time), I'm very picky about reds, and I'm already knitting something green, so that's why I'm thinking a deep purple. But will I wear it is the question...
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home