Monday, November 14, 2005

b-o-r-i-n-g

Hi. Long time no see.

Well, where were we. I last posted on Wednesday talking about the sock. I'm now on the ribbing for the sock... but it's boring. I've also put some work on the garter stitch behemoth, and then last night, since I went to the boyfriend's house to eat pizza and watch TV, I worked on the Melody's shawl since that is my traveling knitting.

Needless to say, I am not doing anything remotely interesting at all knitting-wise -- I've got stockinette in the round, 2x2 ribbing in the round, and garter stitch back and forth. This "you gotta finish this other stuff first" plan that I made for myself totally sucks. But the sooner I finish the garter stitch behemoth, the sooner I can cast on for something else and actually do something remotely interesting again. Realistically, the next thing I cast on will be a front piece for the cabled jacket, which starts with four inches of 2x2 ribbing (aka BORING). But I sure am tempted by some pink lace, whether it's Butterfly or Flower Basket. So we'll see.

I had a dream last night about trying to find the right zipper for the cabled jacket, though. OH HOW EXCITING IS THAT, as in, not at all. How lame am I that I dream about going to a fabric store to try and find a correctly-colored separating zipper of the right length? That's pretty lame.

I also haven't bought any yarn recently, but I did buy a color card for Beaverslide yarns. That should be arriving shortly, I think.

Edited at 4:15 pm: But hey! Mail call! I got a lovely handknit sweater from Alexandra in the mail, as well as the Beaverslide color cards, which are definitely coming to Stitch'n'Bitch tonight. Yay for the mail!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home