Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ha. Right.

I have barely progressed at all in my knitting, but here are some pretty pictures of my progress:


The sleeves for the Tennis Sweater. I basically have only been working on the sleeve in progress during classes, since the rest of the time has been eaten up by massive amounts of homework. Thank God this term is almost over. Hopefully I won't have forgotten where I am on my sleeve by then!


I started this on Wednesday, realized it would be too wide and too short the way I was going, ripped it out on Thursday night, and that's my progress since Friday. I don't really care about the ripping, because the colour changes are fun, and knitting on this is like taking a valium. It's fantastic- especially for the holidays. Especially on holidays where family members happen to mention knit objects that they might like for Christmas, which is 30 days away (now it is like TWO DAYS,) and that would require things like knitting a sweater in a month or shawls with lace weight or convertable hobo gloves with mitten flap with fair-isle or instarsa stars all over them and who are these insane people that think you can make up patterns for these things and knit them in 30 days when it takes you 5 weeks to knit a sweater and then another 5 months to assemble said sweater? CRAZY PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM.

Well, okay, the shawl was just mentioned as "oh I saw something at the holiday fair, it was really neat!" But the other things. For picky people. Requiring patterns that I'd have to design, and knit. Within a month.

What is is with non-knitters? I mean, do they not understand how long it takes to knit something? And it's not like said people don't know how to knit. Just because they choose not to go beyond scarves and hats, and I like to knit myself sweaters does not mean that I am required to knit for them. Especially not after they call me a knitting geek. Argh.

Excuse me, I think I have to go knit some more on my scarf now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Thus why I decided that this would be a practically-no-knit-gifts Christmas.

You could always make a coupon and be like "I owe you a knitted thingie. Eventually I'll make it. If you lose this coupon, however, consider the knitted thingie void. So don't lose the coupon."

That's when you steal the coupon when they aren't looking.

By the way, how many balls of Cotton Cashmere does the tennis sweater need for the 32" size? I've been searching for the yarn requirements and can't find 'em.

Sun Nov 27, 05:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kati said...

Well, I wasn't going to knit anyone anything, and I'm still not sure I'm going to, but mom did mention a mobius scarf, which I think would be fun to do. But the sweater- (which is totally based on a sweater from victoria's secret) um, I'm just going to buy the store version because it ends up being cheaper to buy that than finding yarn that isn't itchy for her and then knitting. Also, I am lazy and a stockinette cardigan sweater sounds really, really boring. The gloves sounded like an interesting design challenge, but they just would take a long time to find yarn and then design (especially when she never told me how she wanted the stars to go,) and blah blah blah. NO KNITTING UNLESS IT IS FOR ME.

I am like the knitting grinch. Awesome. :D

Smallest bust for the tennis sweater is a 36", and that calls for 12 balls of the main color.

Sun Nov 27, 07:51:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home