well, what do you know.
First off, I found the elusive Brontosaurus in his natural habitat at Kati's house:

Apparently he lives for television. Don't we all?
Secondly, I appear to have done something amazing. I finished two things last night:

The Garter Stitch Behemoth is completed in time for Thanksgiving! I started this in mid-September, and finished it last night. It was my standard "sitting-around-without-a-computer" knitting -- I got a lot of it done waiting for Comcast, or watching TV (VH1, Firefly, and, last night, Johnny Cash specials). All the ends are woven in and everything. I still have two balls left of this color of Homespun, too. I might make a diagonal-knit blanket to keep for my couch or something, since it looks nice on there, don't you think? (I love my little tiny couch. It folds out to a daybed!)
And then there's this:

My first completed sock! Now, it's not a FO yet because I still have another sock to knit, but hey! It's a finished sock!

And here it is on my foot. In retrospect I probably would have liked it to be a little longer, but it's actually a comfortable length. I'll do a better job of picking up the short row wraps the second time around, I'm sure.
Now, over Thanksgiving weekend, I'm due to go to two different yarn stores: Commuknity in San Jose and Noe Knit in San Francisco. I'm getting new yarn at Commuknity, but only because I'm returning the Majestic Kid Silk Haze for Trance (turquoise!).
I've also been aching for some discontinued Rowanspun DK yarn on eBay (4 dollars a skein!) but I'm holding off. I don't have the time (or money!) for any new projects... that aren't given to me on Christmas, which is why I've been adding things to my wishlist.

Apparently he lives for television. Don't we all?
Secondly, I appear to have done something amazing. I finished two things last night:

The Garter Stitch Behemoth is completed in time for Thanksgiving! I started this in mid-September, and finished it last night. It was my standard "sitting-around-without-a-computer" knitting -- I got a lot of it done waiting for Comcast, or watching TV (VH1, Firefly, and, last night, Johnny Cash specials). All the ends are woven in and everything. I still have two balls left of this color of Homespun, too. I might make a diagonal-knit blanket to keep for my couch or something, since it looks nice on there, don't you think? (I love my little tiny couch. It folds out to a daybed!)
And then there's this:

My first completed sock! Now, it's not a FO yet because I still have another sock to knit, but hey! It's a finished sock!

And here it is on my foot. In retrospect I probably would have liked it to be a little longer, but it's actually a comfortable length. I'll do a better job of picking up the short row wraps the second time around, I'm sure.
Now, over Thanksgiving weekend, I'm due to go to two different yarn stores: Commuknity in San Jose and Noe Knit in San Francisco. I'm getting new yarn at Commuknity, but only because I'm returning the Majestic Kid Silk Haze for Trance (turquoise!).
I've also been aching for some discontinued Rowanspun DK yarn on eBay (4 dollars a skein!) but I'm holding off. I don't have the time (or money!) for any new projects... that aren't given to me on Christmas, which is why I've been adding things to my wishlist.



2 Comments:
SOCK! BLANKET! EEE!
Sorry, there are just FOs! It is exciting! Mainly because you knit a sock which I am too lazy to try and thus think it's hard (as I knit my twenty millionth sweater.)
And if you have the patience for another blanket, go for the two-skein one for you. That colorway does look really nice with your couch.
And yes, he does like the television. Probably because he has no one else to hang out with, since Dino 2 isn't done yet. Whoops.
The sock actually wasn't that bad, since I used the basic Elann pattern linked in the sidebar and didn't have to do any crazy cast-ons or whatever. I worked it on size 1s and cast off with a size 3 so it would be stretchier. It just took a long time because I only worked on it when I was dorking around on the computer.
I'll probably do the blanket sometime, uh, before I move out of my apartment.
Post a Comment
<< Home