Friday, December 09, 2005

FO! Or two!

So it turns out that the Marsan Watchcap is a bit too small to be a watchcap:


But it makes a mighty fine beanie!


And it goes oh so well with my new scarf too.

Project Specs:
Scarf: Noro Silk Garden 224, 2 skeins and leftovers for scarf in seed stitch, about a week and a half to complete.
Marsan Watchcap: Less than one skein Silk Garden for hat, three days to complete.

If I actually wanted to make a Marsan Watchcap, that I could wear as, you know, a watchcap, I'd add at least four stitches to the cast on, and then knit for at least another inch after the brim but before the decreases, and that might start to fit my 21 inch head. But I'm happy with my crazy ass beanie, and I will never make another Marsan Watchcap again, just because of the twisted ribbing. I do so enjoy the use of my hands.

---
Condolenceses to Jeanne on her loss... from all accounts it sounds like her grandmother was a classy lady, and it's obvious she'll be missed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home