going on holiday!
Well, what can I say? It's still the case that I'm the one who's not really doing anything exciting. I'm working on the first sleeve for the cabled jacket, which is taking forever now that the rows are getting to be so dang long and I'm only really working on it for fifteen minutes at a time at work, and occasionally at home.
However! My not-so-secret Santa at work (we didn't know anyone else in the office well enough to participate in the real Secret Santa, so it was a "hey, I'll buy you a present if you buy me one" deal) gave me a gift of See's Candy (heck yeah!) and yarn -- Moda Dea Vixen in "Blue Me Away". It's cute, even if it is the ultimate novelty yarn (fur and chenille bubbles!), so I'm just going to knit a plain garter stitch scarf out of it and have a good time. I am not a big scarf knitter, so a quick-ish accessory will be good for me.
Besides, the boyfriend has said he's not getting any yarn for me for Christmas, and even though there's a sale at a yarn store in Saratoga that I haven't been to (everything 15% off!), it's also, you know, Christmas Eve and there's other things to do (and buy). Plus, really, I don't want/need yarn that isn't on my project list. But I do appreciate my gift, very much so. It was very thoughtful of him! Yarn AND chocolate! (I do not know if he is single; I am not sure if it would be appropriate to ask.)
Randomly: I went to a gathering today to celebrate and say goodbye to a friend who passed away earlier this month, and discovered that the hostess (the mother of another friend) has a spinning wheel. She's offered to teach me how to spin on the wheel (and show me a book on natural dyes!), but at the same time, she lives in Half Moon Bay which is about half an hour away. Still, spinning!
Anyway. In Britain they say "holiday" instead of "vacation", so may everyone enjoy their holiday!
However! My not-so-secret Santa at work (we didn't know anyone else in the office well enough to participate in the real Secret Santa, so it was a "hey, I'll buy you a present if you buy me one" deal) gave me a gift of See's Candy (heck yeah!) and yarn -- Moda Dea Vixen in "Blue Me Away". It's cute, even if it is the ultimate novelty yarn (fur and chenille bubbles!), so I'm just going to knit a plain garter stitch scarf out of it and have a good time. I am not a big scarf knitter, so a quick-ish accessory will be good for me.
Besides, the boyfriend has said he's not getting any yarn for me for Christmas, and even though there's a sale at a yarn store in Saratoga that I haven't been to (everything 15% off!), it's also, you know, Christmas Eve and there's other things to do (and buy). Plus, really, I don't want/need yarn that isn't on my project list. But I do appreciate my gift, very much so. It was very thoughtful of him! Yarn AND chocolate! (I do not know if he is single; I am not sure if it would be appropriate to ask.)
Randomly: I went to a gathering today to celebrate and say goodbye to a friend who passed away earlier this month, and discovered that the hostess (the mother of another friend) has a spinning wheel. She's offered to teach me how to spin on the wheel (and show me a book on natural dyes!), but at the same time, she lives in Half Moon Bay which is about half an hour away. Still, spinning!
Anyway. In Britain they say "holiday" instead of "vacation", so may everyone enjoy their holiday!
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home