All wound up and no place to go.
If Kati and I are posting with pictures on the same day, that means that it's sunny outside! Which it is!
I've got two more rows to knit on my second sleeve before I hit the raglan decreases:

Then it's all decreasing from here, then a lot of sewing and finishing work. But still, yay!
And because I thought that that wouldn't be interesting enough for a solo blog entry, I brought out my ballwinder and wound up all of the yarn that I had on toilet paper rolls. I spent under an hour doing it, since some of them I had to rewind or stop and detangle due to prior sloppy winding.

Socks that Rock! On the left is Cobalt Bloom, on the right is Azurite.

This is a skein of Koigu that I bought to make a sachet for Grandma for Christmas '04. I thought it would be a pretty lavender color so I could fill it with lavender and it would be nice. But no. This is Lisa Frank-dyed Koigu, all pink, lavender, and blue.

My blue sock yarn; the back two are Koigu I bought at the Summer Fiber Market in Oakland, the front two are Nature's Palette in Indigo from Black Sheep Gathering. The indigo yarn tints my fingers a little, so they're not exactly the first on my list to become socks. I think I'll use it for the cabled rib sock from one of the IKs I have (I think it's Winter '03), which I won't do until I've used up all of the rest of my fun sock yarn.

My six skeins of Nature's Palette yarn in Owl's Clover, which I originally bought for the Flower Basket shawl. I'm not really interested in doing the FBS anymore, so I'm wondering if I should try doing the Kiri shawl with it or if I should make it a Clapotis. Since I've decided to do the Peacock Feathers shawl for the upcoming Olympics, I'm not sure I should do a whole bunch of lace leading up to it.
Also, yesterday I went to Portland and checked out two knitting stores I hadn't been to before. I went to Knit Knot Studio on Glisan and Lint on Marshall. Neither of them had what I was specifically looking for yesterday (a Clover 4 bamboo circular -- Lint had Crystal Palace and Addi Turbos, but no Clover, while Knit Knot barely had any needles at all), but I spent a long enough time in Lint that I felt guilty for staying around so long without buying anything, so I found a 40" Denise cord and bought that, along with some tapestry needles (since you can never have enough of those). Yarn selection at Lint is better than Knit Knot, and is better organized, but they didn't have full color ranges of certain lines, or at least didn't have them on display, which makes me sad. Knit Knot's selection and organization was pretty haphazard -- at times it was like looking at a stash instead of a yarn store. Either way, they were all right but not my favorite places; I'd recommend Lint over Knit Knot Studio, but I'd rather spend my money at a place that has what I really want.
I've got two more rows to knit on my second sleeve before I hit the raglan decreases:

Then it's all decreasing from here, then a lot of sewing and finishing work. But still, yay!
And because I thought that that wouldn't be interesting enough for a solo blog entry, I brought out my ballwinder and wound up all of the yarn that I had on toilet paper rolls. I spent under an hour doing it, since some of them I had to rewind or stop and detangle due to prior sloppy winding.

Socks that Rock! On the left is Cobalt Bloom, on the right is Azurite.

This is a skein of Koigu that I bought to make a sachet for Grandma for Christmas '04. I thought it would be a pretty lavender color so I could fill it with lavender and it would be nice. But no. This is Lisa Frank-dyed Koigu, all pink, lavender, and blue.

My blue sock yarn; the back two are Koigu I bought at the Summer Fiber Market in Oakland, the front two are Nature's Palette in Indigo from Black Sheep Gathering. The indigo yarn tints my fingers a little, so they're not exactly the first on my list to become socks. I think I'll use it for the cabled rib sock from one of the IKs I have (I think it's Winter '03), which I won't do until I've used up all of the rest of my fun sock yarn.

My six skeins of Nature's Palette yarn in Owl's Clover, which I originally bought for the Flower Basket shawl. I'm not really interested in doing the FBS anymore, so I'm wondering if I should try doing the Kiri shawl with it or if I should make it a Clapotis. Since I've decided to do the Peacock Feathers shawl for the upcoming Olympics, I'm not sure I should do a whole bunch of lace leading up to it.
Also, yesterday I went to Portland and checked out two knitting stores I hadn't been to before. I went to Knit Knot Studio on Glisan and Lint on Marshall. Neither of them had what I was specifically looking for yesterday (a Clover 4 bamboo circular -- Lint had Crystal Palace and Addi Turbos, but no Clover, while Knit Knot barely had any needles at all), but I spent a long enough time in Lint that I felt guilty for staying around so long without buying anything, so I found a 40" Denise cord and bought that, along with some tapestry needles (since you can never have enough of those). Yarn selection at Lint is better than Knit Knot, and is better organized, but they didn't have full color ranges of certain lines, or at least didn't have them on display, which makes me sad. Knit Knot's selection and organization was pretty haphazard -- at times it was like looking at a stash instead of a yarn store. Either way, they were all right but not my favorite places; I'd recommend Lint over Knit Knot Studio, but I'd rather spend my money at a place that has what I really want.
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Yes, I did. I was suspicious when I saw the random colors of Rowanspun 4-ply and Cork, but the random ball of Highland Sierra sealed it for me.
Post a Comment
<< Home