Sunshine? Bwuh?
So there was actually enough natural light this morning to take some pictures of Butterfly. I've finished the first eight-row repeat, and then I get to start on the waist shaping. (Don't get me started on why there needs to be waist shaping on a drapey lace camisole you'd have to wear over another camisole anyway, but there's waist shaping.)
It's really hard to take good pictures of lace. So I'm claiming the Yarn Harlot corollary of "lace looks like crap until blocked out" for why these pictures aren't so awesome.

This is the body lace repeat, which is actually really simple. So simple that I feel pretty stupid for screwing it up so many times before realizing that I'm an idiot. Yay! Also, shiny beads.

Surprisingly enough, however, once I figured out the lace edging, it wasn't that hard. This is odd because the body lace repeat has you purl across the WS normally, while the edging lace requires more complicated stitches on the WS (p3tog, p2tog tbl, etc.). For some reason the edging pattern clicked for me much easier than the body lace. Weird, isn't it?
And, finally, for a "look at my cute whatever" moment, this is Rookie, my family's yellow lab, on the first night I came home from Thanksgiving. I'd been sitting in his favorite chair watching TV, so he went to lie down on my bed. When I came in to go to bed, this is how I found him:

It's really hard to take good pictures of lace. So I'm claiming the Yarn Harlot corollary of "lace looks like crap until blocked out" for why these pictures aren't so awesome.

This is the body lace repeat, which is actually really simple. So simple that I feel pretty stupid for screwing it up so many times before realizing that I'm an idiot. Yay! Also, shiny beads.

Surprisingly enough, however, once I figured out the lace edging, it wasn't that hard. This is odd because the body lace repeat has you purl across the WS normally, while the edging lace requires more complicated stitches on the WS (p3tog, p2tog tbl, etc.). For some reason the edging pattern clicked for me much easier than the body lace. Weird, isn't it?
And, finally, for a "look at my cute whatever" moment, this is Rookie, my family's yellow lab, on the first night I came home from Thanksgiving. I'd been sitting in his favorite chair watching TV, so he went to lie down on my bed. When I came in to go to bed, this is how I found him:

Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home