Monday, April 10, 2006

Mail call!

I, similar to Knit and Tonic, believe in developing a relationship with your local postal workers. Why, just today I darted out of the house to stick a letter in the mailbox a block away when I saw a mailman and asked him to take my letter for me. Hand to hand service!

Also, after missing the delivery of my Elann box by a mere hour or two on Friday, I called up my local post office and asked them to redeliver on Saturday. After all, I was only in class until one. The mail doesn't usually come until three. Even though packages tend to get delivered earlier, I've noticed, I should have been able to receive my package on Friday as intended. So instead of having to hike out to the main post office like I had to for my kpixie box (granted, that time I was buying yarn in Portland instead of being home to receive yarn), I got it redelivered to my door on Saturday morning.

I even dressed up for my mailman. I put my snazzy indie rocker striped corduroy jacket on for him. Over my pajamas.

And I'm not disappointed, either:

Discontinued! Score!

Ah, Cotton Tape and Linen Print! I was worried that the colors I wanted would have sold out on Elann, but they didn't! So I was able to get the yarn for my long-awaited Strawberry Stripe Sweater, the first Kaffe Fassett design I really, really want to knit.

Alas, I'm not going to start on it until I've finished Peacock Feathers, which I did work on this weekend, or Birch, and finished sewing up Magnolia. I still haven't taken a picture of the cabled jacket either. Let's just say that it's my new "wear everywhere" cardigan. It's great.

And now I'm not going to buy yarn again until Black Sheep Gathering in June. I mean it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home