Thursday, April 13, 2006

April!

It's all lace all the time here now -- I finished knitting up the parts of Magnolia and just need to, uh, find the body so I can seam it up. Somehow an entire sweater's worth of parts (front, back, sleeves) has gone missing in my room. There are no suspects at the time, other than the "I thought I was being helpful by cleaning up your room!" and "I didn't move anything!" sort.

I also pulled back the sock I was working on. I was down to the foot and tried it on, but the holes where I picked up the heel were gaping huge, so that wasn't okay with me. I should have just ripped back to the heel, but I just went and ripped the whole thing back. Alas. I'll get into my sock phase soon, really. Once I finish everything else I have to work on.

Still, I have some neat sock yarn, and some of it is kind of in the mood of Project Spectrum's colors for April, which are yellow and orange.



On the left is Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, which I've never used before, and on the right is Sundara sock yarn in "Banana Split". The CTH is a lot more orange than yellow, and the Banana Split is more pinky than yellow, but I have to make some compromises as I don't really like yellow or orange!

Well, I do make exceptions for orange.

I also have some of this:



Hand-dyed sock yarn (KnitPicks Dye Your Own sock yarn) from dyelots!, the shop of our Stitch'n'Bitch's fearless leader. I did it myself! I was originally hoping for "plum tree blossoms", but instead I got... well, it's really cool-looking anyway.

I'm working on Peacock Feathers regularly again, with a goal of getting it finished by my birthday, which is two weeks from today. I want to get all three of the shawls either planned or in progress by graduation, and Butterfly done by Memorial Day. I think I can make it, but we'll see if I get burned out on lace first, though.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I think they're all beautiful, ESPECIALLY the one you dyed yourself!

Thu Apr 13, 01:51:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it! Just think, it's shawl weather :D The springier it gets, man, the more shawls you can wear.

Sorry that the socks just aren't jiving right now, but maybe you'll get a craving when you work through all that lace?

Thu Apr 13, 01:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ohhh pretty project spectrum yarn! Yeah I’m starting to get burned out on lace too…

Thanks for wishing me a happy b-day!

Tue Apr 18, 09:11:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home