Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Trying again, I see.

I've only been working on two projects lately -- Birch, which is on permanent Stitch'n'Bitch status, and, well...



Orangina. Yeah, I know! I'm finally showing a picture of it because I've gotten over my hump of four-or-so inches on the first piece, which is where I've gotten stuck on all previous versions of Orangina.

This has been my "sit and watch TV instead of doing homework" knitting, which probably explains why I've managed to get most of it done. I'm pretty pleased with myself for not screwing it up this time around -- maybe it's because I've finally gotten it to work, or maybe it's because I haven't taken it out of the house (all previous attempts had been taken to Stitch'n'Bitch or elsewhere).

This near-monogamy on my two projects hasn't stopped me from buying yarn, though. I bought the Sakura Candy Floss from Sweet Georgia Yarns, and will be using that for the Cherry Blossom shawl instead of my Cassis Wool-Silk. (What I'm going to do with the Wool-Silk now, I don't know.) I've also done some cotton buying from Elann and the Knit Shop, so I'm stashing up for summer tops and cardigans. My project list keeps growing before it shrinks...

This weekend is Fox Hollow Farm and Fiber's open farm and fiber sale. We went last year and got to feed the alpacas. Hooray! I'm excited for that, as it's a little preview of Black Sheep Gathering.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Looks great!

So the cherry blossom shawl is really beautiful! I’ve never knit a round shawl before… and I’m almost finished with my Adamas and I’m looking for a challenge…. hmmmmmmmmm

Thu May 11, 05:57:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home