Thursday, May 04, 2006

What a thrill!

I am thrilled to be knitting again. So thrilled, in fact, I'm making Thrill:



Because, what else do you do with four balls of Cotton Tape from Elann and a copy of It's a Tape Thing? Make four crochet hats? No. That would require liking crocheting. Which wouldn't have been too much to ask four weeks ago, in the midst of my "I don't want to think about knitting. I just want something brainless to knit. Why is that so hard, wah!" spree.

But now that I have something relatively mindless to knit, I am back to a knitting happy place, even if it is taking me weeks to knit up a lace tank top on 13s. I think I'm averaging about four rows a day... kind of sad. But the front is done! The math was a little odd for the neckline/straps on the 40" size (don't even get me started how my chest could eat manhattan at this point- I have been bitter about it since the two growth spurts in high school.) asking you to continue working the lace pattern over an odd number of stitches. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention? Anyway, I improvised there and did what made sense to me. And as long as it works with the back, I'm good. Thrilled, even.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home