Friday, July 21, 2006

I may be knitting too much.

I think I'm knitting too much, or at least thinking about knitting too much. How do I know? Well, I ordered some yarn from knitpicks a couple of days ago, and Wednesday night I had a dream about it arriving. But instead of all six skeins being the aquamarine I ordered, three were aquamarine, two were a chocolate brown, and one was just navy blue. Obviously this horrified my dream-self, so I went into the store where they sold it and started arguing with them and telling them to find me aquamarine in the same dyelot.

Apparently I'm just really excited about this yarn coming so I can start on the Ballet Camisole. And apparently I really like knitting designs that have something to do with ballet in the name.

a little over a week's progress on the Razor cami:

This is a fun knit. The lace is easy to memorize and looks pretty. I'm using Sirdar Snuggly 4ply in an aquamarine color (apparently also the summer of aquamarine, but I never met an aquamarine that didn't go with my skin tone) and I joined a knit-along. Fun.

The magazines in the picture are just me trying to figure out what to knit after the Ballet Camisole. The yarn store three blocks from my apartment is having a "Christmas in July" sale with everything in the store at least 20% off, so I figured I might stash a little. I know for sure I'm going to get stash a skein of cotton for either the Saturday Market bag or the Rose-of-Sharon purse from Magknits. I suspect I'm becoming a simple lace addict.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I'm waiting on my yarn to show up for my Razor cami. Yours looks great! I LOVE the color! I found your blog through the knit-a-long. I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you have, I'm worried about the straps being too far apart.

Thu Aug 03, 10:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kati said...

Aww, thanks! I finally finished it, and there are some notes about the straps on that post. I think the straps are the question everyone is having! I think the straps depend on what yarn you're using for them as well.

Tue Aug 08, 09:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home