detangled!
It took me about five days to detangle the giant tangled skein, but I managed to finish detangling before I ran out of yarn on the other skein. Just barely, like Italy in the world cup, but I made it.

(If you squint really hard you can kind of see what's going on. Dark brown yarn, 4x1 ribbing, and bad natural lighting have been making my photography life miserable. I thought it was supposed to be summer, not grey and cloudy and 60 degrees all the time.)
Now I just have to finish up the straps, and I'm ready for the three needle bindoff and something new!
And by something new I mean ohmystars's razor cami. I cast on for this last night at knitting, since Bamboo Ballerina only has at most an hour left of knitting to do and I knew Dorothy and I were going to be at knitting for over two, since we were off to see Pirates of the Carribean afterwards. I suspect this cami, like Jack Sparrow, is cursed. I spent two hours casting on and counting last night. I couldn't get an accurate count to save my life- and this wasn't even the first time I cast on for this tank. I actually tried casting on before I started Bamboo Ballerina, but the yarn got stuck on my denises and the needle tip popped off. I lost half the stitches in the process, so it was off to the yarn store for a bamboo size 5 for me. The bamboo needles seem to be working better, so hopefully this project won't have to walk the plank again.

(If you squint really hard you can kind of see what's going on. Dark brown yarn, 4x1 ribbing, and bad natural lighting have been making my photography life miserable. I thought it was supposed to be summer, not grey and cloudy and 60 degrees all the time.)
Now I just have to finish up the straps, and I'm ready for the three needle bindoff and something new!
And by something new I mean ohmystars's razor cami. I cast on for this last night at knitting, since Bamboo Ballerina only has at most an hour left of knitting to do and I knew Dorothy and I were going to be at knitting for over two, since we were off to see Pirates of the Carribean afterwards. I suspect this cami, like Jack Sparrow, is cursed. I spent two hours casting on and counting last night. I couldn't get an accurate count to save my life- and this wasn't even the first time I cast on for this tank. I actually tried casting on before I started Bamboo Ballerina, but the yarn got stuck on my denises and the needle tip popped off. I lost half the stitches in the process, so it was off to the yarn store for a bamboo size 5 for me. The bamboo needles seem to be working better, so hopefully this project won't have to walk the plank again.
Labels: Kati



2 Comments:
how funny! i just started a knitalong and cast on for the razor cami last night. let me know if you'd be interested in joining in. :)
i'm only about 4 rows or so in so far.
Sure, I think that would be fun! I'll go ahead and send you an email. :)
I'm still on the ribbing... it feels like it's neverending. *l*
Post a Comment
<< Home