black and blue sheep
Man, things have been crazy. I graduated from college on the 17th and moved out of my cute little apartment on Tuesday, arriving back in California yesterday and starting work today. And you never really realize how much yarn you really, truly have until you have to pack it all and put it in the back of a moving truck. It's kind of embarrassing.
Anyway, last weekend was Black Sheep Gathering, and of course we went. We had been anticipating it for quite sometime, as I wasn't supposed to buy any new yarn until BSG. (You all know that I did, though, right? I thought so.)
There were lots of cute sheep there:

This is "Boomer". There were signs saying, "Please pet me under the chin instead of on the top of my head so I don't butt people". Another sign suggested that rams that learn how to butt "go in the freezer". Boomer was the only one that let me get down and scratch his chin. Although the best-named pair were "Pancake" and "Schmidty", but we didn't get a picture of them.

Out of all of the alpaca at BSG, only one was unshorn. Clearly, it was not this one. Last year there was an alpaca booth that provided some food so that we could feed the alpaca, but they weren't here this year, which was too bad because that was a nice touch.
However, as cool as Black Sheep Gathering is, it's really a convention for wool farmers and for spinners. Since I can't own a sheep and can't spin to save my life unless Rumpelstiltskin's involved, there wasn't much yarn itself to buy. Lots of beautiful rovings and fleeces, but not a tremendous lot of rare and interesting yarn.
That said, here's what I got:

Two skeins of Socks that Rock in Blue Brick Wall and Spinel for some non-pink socks, and two skeins of Hokulani Farms one-hundred percent cashmere (!!!) laceweight (!!!) in Ocean (for me) and Oxford Blue (for my mom). I'm going to make the Diamond Fantasy shawl once I finish up Birch, which has been dutifully travelling in my bag for weeks now, and is finally near the end of the second skein.
And that is that, I do believe.
Anyway, last weekend was Black Sheep Gathering, and of course we went. We had been anticipating it for quite sometime, as I wasn't supposed to buy any new yarn until BSG. (You all know that I did, though, right? I thought so.)
There were lots of cute sheep there:

This is "Boomer". There were signs saying, "Please pet me under the chin instead of on the top of my head so I don't butt people". Another sign suggested that rams that learn how to butt "go in the freezer". Boomer was the only one that let me get down and scratch his chin. Although the best-named pair were "Pancake" and "Schmidty", but we didn't get a picture of them.

Out of all of the alpaca at BSG, only one was unshorn. Clearly, it was not this one. Last year there was an alpaca booth that provided some food so that we could feed the alpaca, but they weren't here this year, which was too bad because that was a nice touch.
However, as cool as Black Sheep Gathering is, it's really a convention for wool farmers and for spinners. Since I can't own a sheep and can't spin to save my life unless Rumpelstiltskin's involved, there wasn't much yarn itself to buy. Lots of beautiful rovings and fleeces, but not a tremendous lot of rare and interesting yarn.
That said, here's what I got:

Two skeins of Socks that Rock in Blue Brick Wall and Spinel for some non-pink socks, and two skeins of Hokulani Farms one-hundred percent cashmere (!!!) laceweight (!!!) in Ocean (for me) and Oxford Blue (for my mom). I'm going to make the Diamond Fantasy shawl once I finish up Birch, which has been dutifully travelling in my bag for weeks now, and is finally near the end of the second skein.
And that is that, I do believe.
Labels: Jeanne



1 Comments:
Congrats on your graduation!!!
and on the 100% cashmere lace weight ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home