mmm, delicious!
Today I had an Orangina with my lunch, and tonight I finished the knitting and seaming on Orangina!

I've discovered that it doesn't work with jeans or my jean skirt, which has either recently shrunk (!) or I have grown slightly too big for (!!!!!). Surely this cannot BE. But it works with my new black (Kati is going to kill me for this) bubble skirt, and the skirt I originally decided it would look adorable with, which is a cream and red toile-esque-print skirt (typo: squirt. It's almost midnight!). Also, I'm wearing a nude camisole underneath it, which is a good thing. Yay, camisoles!
Another shot:

Modifications: I followed Domesticat's advice to take some repeats out for a tighter fit, so I believe I took out two repeats.
I used about two and a half balls of 4-ply Cotton in "Bluebell" -- each panel took exactly one ball (with the ends used for seaming), and I used the third ball for the ribbing. In those three balls, I found two knots, which makes me cranky, but what can you do.
I still need to weave in the ends, which I will probably do tomorrow so I can wear this to work by the end of the week and out this weekend when I go to the beach!
And, with that, months and months of in-front-of-TV knitting is done. Finally!

I've discovered that it doesn't work with jeans or my jean skirt, which has either recently shrunk (!) or I have grown slightly too big for (!!!!!). Surely this cannot BE. But it works with my new black (Kati is going to kill me for this) bubble skirt, and the skirt I originally decided it would look adorable with, which is a cream and red toile-esque-print skirt (typo: squirt. It's almost midnight!). Also, I'm wearing a nude camisole underneath it, which is a good thing. Yay, camisoles!
Another shot:

Modifications: I followed Domesticat's advice to take some repeats out for a tighter fit, so I believe I took out two repeats.
I used about two and a half balls of 4-ply Cotton in "Bluebell" -- each panel took exactly one ball (with the ends used for seaming), and I used the third ball for the ribbing. In those three balls, I found two knots, which makes me cranky, but what can you do.
I still need to weave in the ends, which I will probably do tomorrow so I can wear this to work by the end of the week and out this weekend when I go to the beach!
And, with that, months and months of in-front-of-TV knitting is done. Finally!



3 Comments:
WOW!!!! That Orangina is beautiful. I love the colors and the fit on you. In the past I was ambivalent on this pattern as none was that impressive to me, but this one has inspired me to put it on my list of must knits for....uh....next summer as the weather will be turning cold soon :O(
Can you wear your bubble skirt to Jubilee Jumbles? If not, we're good.
Yay you finished something!
that looks awesome! i love the tighter fit! i think you've reinspired me to make one of these.
Post a Comment
<< Home