Saturday, August 12, 2006

zombies!

I live! And I am knitting again!

I had a week off last week, so I took my knitting up with me. I didn't get too much done there (up in Tahoe), but I sure got a lot done once I came back to work and the internet was down:

Almost there.

Soon, soon, I too will have a cute lace top like Kati.

I've visited four yarn stores in the past two weeks -- Three Dog Knit in Tahoe City, Jimmy Beans Wool in Truckee (it's right at the Amtrak/Greyhound station! How convenient!), and the two Los Altos stores (Full Thread Ahead and Uncommon Threads) today.

Also, I've officially broken my yarn diet, which I've been on since Black Sheep Gathering (the end of June!) to buy some discontinued and discounted Yorkshire Tweed Aran from Jannette's Rare Yarns on eBay. I'm going to design something of my own. Because hey, why not? It's an experiment, and hopefully it'll look cool.

Besides, my mom bought yarn today too. We went to get a pom-pon maker and she walked out with two skeins of mohair from each store. So there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home