Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stash management

I'm moving apartments today after work, which is a task that fills me with more dread than crocheting. (we're going on three weeks now with no crochet edging for the Ballet Camisole?) So since my camera has been packed for three days, and will likely not be unpacked for another week, a pictureless post it must be. Of course, the fact that any pictures would just be of a giant grey blob doesn't hurt this decision.

But going through my room packing and sorting made me think about what I want to knit next and what I really need to finish finishing already. So, here is is, my public shaming.

UFOS!:
-Schoeller Stahl Cabled Jacket: needs zipper.
-Essential Stripe: Take in Sleeves. (...I have to face my fear of the sewing machine.)
-Lace-up Pullover: finish seaming, weaving in ends. Debate over collar. Find lacings.
-Zeeby's bag: Finish seaming, reenforce straps somehow, line, add embrodery
-Tasha: Finish seaming.
-Thrill: undo seams, redo back/armholes, reseam.
-Tammy (aka the mod pirate sweater): Block, seam, collar, etc..
-Ballet Cami: crochet edge, block, gather.
-Dream Swatches: Block
-Debbie Bliss Tennis Sweater: finish seaming, weave in ends, reblock.
-Purple Scarf: Bind off and fringe. Possibly redo in seed stitch instead?

Dead in the water:
-Tempting: Rippppppppp. Wash & reball yarn.
-Tempting II: Ripppppppp. Wash and reball yarn.
-Shapely Tank: Rip, wash yarn, reskein for dying.


Upcoming projects (and this is just using stash yarn:)
-Satchel with tempting yarn (on the needles)
cabled hat with leftover cotton cashmere (waiting until the tennis sweater is fully seamed)
-Knucks with wool cotton (where is the wool cotton in the stash?)
-topdown vneck raglan with tempting II yarn (time to go a-riping)
-Silk Corset with bamboo (might change the project for the bamboo. We'll see.)
-Saturday Market Bag with Cotton Fleece (waiting to actually finish some other bags. Or I could just do a post with like, twelve bags ALL AT ONCE.)
-Self Designed Top with Elann Espirt (...I haven't started this because I don't know if I want it in brown or in black. Seriously. I am that lame.)
-Something similar to this Lace Panel Jacket on craftster with some cotton from my sister's stash.

And there might be a box of yarn from elann that I haven't opened yet since I am moving, with about five projects worth of yarn. But we don't need to talk about that until I get some of these other projects done.

A few more that are super-cute but don't have yarn for/may make someday if I get through the queue and have room in the stash for new yarn:
-Something similar to Katie's latest, Twist and Shimmer, (How cute is that! and it's inspired by the really cute phildar one. So maybe just the really cute phildar one.)
-Gwenabe Tank, (possibly. It is cute. ALSO she designed Judy Jetson which is way cute.)
-#29 in the new Phildar (although without the giant tassels.)
-#13 in the '06 Summer Phildar. (how sweet is that?)
-This cabled thing of hotness or #6 in the '05 Autumn Phildar
-Something with sideways ribbing on the button band, long ribbing on the cuffs, and lots of plastic-y buttons.

I think I need to learn how to speed knit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home