Oh weather. You are just teasing me now.
Oh Eugene. It has been absolutely gorgeous here for the past two weeks (blue skies, in the 70s in the afternoons) which is abnormal for the Pacific Northwest this time of year. Normally about October 3rd, the skies darken and start pouring down rain.
Of course, my photographs aren't benefiting from this unexpected sunwindfall because I am working on a surprise project, so I can't really take detailed pictures of it.
But maybe you can see a little bit from this shot:
I've finished the second sleeve and the back (can you see it down there?) since last time, and now I'm working on a front. It's been going fairly quickly considering I have pretty limited knitting time for it.
In the meanwhile, I've been working on blocking some stuff and tragedy stuck while blocking the dream swatches. I went to wet block them, and the color just bled everywhere. Even adding vingear to the sink and letting it soak for awhile didn't help the bleeding. I'm guessing we forgot to set the yarn when we dyed it a couple of years ago, so it looks like it might be back to the dye bath soon for them to hopefully get the yarn back to looking more pink than yellow. :( It'll be interesting to try to dye a finished object though.
Of course, my photographs aren't benefiting from this unexpected sunwindfall because I am working on a surprise project, so I can't really take detailed pictures of it.
But maybe you can see a little bit from this shot:
I've finished the second sleeve and the back (can you see it down there?) since last time, and now I'm working on a front. It's been going fairly quickly considering I have pretty limited knitting time for it.
In the meanwhile, I've been working on blocking some stuff and tragedy stuck while blocking the dream swatches. I went to wet block them, and the color just bled everywhere. Even adding vingear to the sink and letting it soak for awhile didn't help the bleeding. I'm guessing we forgot to set the yarn when we dyed it a couple of years ago, so it looks like it might be back to the dye bath soon for them to hopefully get the yarn back to looking more pink than yellow. :( It'll be interesting to try to dye a finished object though.
Labels: Kati



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home