Wednesday, November 08, 2006

sunshine and progress!

Is there anything more exciting than progress on your knits and sunlight to photograph it in? Probably, but I can't think of it right now.



That is a near complete Satchel and a just started topdown raglan based on Glampyre's mini-sweater.

Satchel: Almost done! I just have the I-cord bind off around the flap, and then the straps to do before I can felt it. I may or may not go back and make some pockets after I've felted the bag, depending on how I feel about the fo. I'm just excited that I made it this far after the neverending bag portion.

The Not-so Mini-Minisweater: I got inspired by some of the craftsters who made full length versions of this, particularly this version here, and when I scored some bubblegum pink cotton ease from a stash giveaway about a month ago, I ended up deciding to make it into a cute puffed sleeve top. This is probably due to my secret obsession with puffed sleeves, which may or may not stem from the Anne of Green Gables books. I will let you all decide on that one. I cast on on Saturday for this after I finished up the knitting on the mystery project, and so far it is going swimmingly.

Hopefully there will be more updates now that I'm not working on a giant secret project that still needs to be blocked and seamed. Hopefully it'll get done before I leave for St. Louis for Christmas, but with my track record, who knows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home