worst. knitblogger. EVER.
Contrary to popular belief, I have not fallen off the edge of the world and died. I just haven't really been knitting a lot recently, and it's sort of the reaction I have to things in the fridge that have been there too long -- "it's so bad, I should just throw it out, but it's so bad I don't want to touch it or look at it either so I'll just let it sit there...and get worse." Also, I am lazy.
I did, however, buy some gorgeous aran silky-merino from Sundara Yarn in October, and had some really excellent customer service. I took too long to order the yarn I originally wanted (someone else bought it up!) and put in an order for a custom-dye, and she did a rush order, bumping me to the top of the list, offered a substitute when it looked like she was out of aran weight (then found the aran), and was lovely and helpful the whole time.
I've been using that aran silky-merino to knit a Clapotis (of course) that's slightly smaller than the pattern recommends because of yarn reasons. I'd hoped to have it done by the wedding I was going to on October 21st, but I didn't have it done (alas). I was thisclose to bringing and wearing Birch, but instead I wore a storebought (gasp!) cream wrap. But the Clapotis will be lovely when it's done... once I actually, you know, get around to working on it more.
I separated the front and back on the Ballet camisole and have kind of lost momentum there due to laziness (alas) and so forth. Perhaps I'll go back to that soon, too. Sorry...!
I haven't been to a yarn store since earlier this summer, and I don't think I've even bought anything since I ordered the yarn for Ivy from the fall Knitty. It's a shame, isn't it?
Just hang in there; I'll try to have pictures on Saturday, since that'll be my first chance to actually have daylight when I'm home (and not rushing to work in the morning). Daylight savings, this is all your fault.
I did, however, buy some gorgeous aran silky-merino from Sundara Yarn in October, and had some really excellent customer service. I took too long to order the yarn I originally wanted (someone else bought it up!) and put in an order for a custom-dye, and she did a rush order, bumping me to the top of the list, offered a substitute when it looked like she was out of aran weight (then found the aran), and was lovely and helpful the whole time.
I've been using that aran silky-merino to knit a Clapotis (of course) that's slightly smaller than the pattern recommends because of yarn reasons. I'd hoped to have it done by the wedding I was going to on October 21st, but I didn't have it done (alas). I was thisclose to bringing and wearing Birch, but instead I wore a storebought (gasp!) cream wrap. But the Clapotis will be lovely when it's done... once I actually, you know, get around to working on it more.
I separated the front and back on the Ballet camisole and have kind of lost momentum there due to laziness (alas) and so forth. Perhaps I'll go back to that soon, too. Sorry...!
I haven't been to a yarn store since earlier this summer, and I don't think I've even bought anything since I ordered the yarn for Ivy from the fall Knitty. It's a shame, isn't it?
Just hang in there; I'll try to have pictures on Saturday, since that'll be my first chance to actually have daylight when I'm home (and not rushing to work in the morning). Daylight savings, this is all your fault.
Labels: Jeanne



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home