Sunday, February 11, 2007

it's my turn!

Unfortunately for us all (and particularly me), I've been away from home quite a bit this winter. Two weeks around Christmas, this past week, and then there's all of that work I've been doing. So I really haven't had the opportunity to knit, and when I have, I haven't been photographing it because of lack of sunlight, lack of space, and not being in my own house at times.

So here are the two things that have been worked on recently. Sort of.

Parka

Parka from Rowan 34 in Polar in "Dark Truffle". I bought this yarn last spring in a ten-bag from one of the lovely sellers on eBay (either Jeanette or Cucumberpatch, I can't recall -- I've bought from both of them and highly recommend them both). This is the back and it is huge, seriously. I've just finished the armhole shaping and then it's straight stockinette until the shoulders. Therefore, it is kind of boring (I hate the post-armhole shaping part).

Bob's Blankie

This is Bob's Blankie from Wee Knits 3 in seven colors of Mission Falls Cotton 1824. Hooray! My hairdresser, who has seen me since I was in middle school and who saved my hair from the tragic state it was in, is expecting a baby girl -- she already has a young boy, but hooray, a girl baby! My mother is knitting a corner-up blanket similar to the one in my last post (you know, from November?) and this is the blanket I'm knitting. We both opted for bright colors, since we know she likes them, and it's more fun to receive colorful fun things than getting an avalanche of pink.

And yeah, that's about that. Except I said I wouldn't buy any more yarn for myself (famous last words, if you may recall), but today I went to the local yarn store with a co-worker who crochets and wants me to teach him how to knit. Rock'n'roll, guys. So I bought myself some Lorna's Laces for a scarf. Because that's totally what I need.

Well, it just may be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the baby blanket. I think bright colors is a rocking choice and the kid will appreciate it if she keeps it around when she's cognizant.

(I too have recommenced knitting... slowly. Very slowly. And I'm thinking of doing the lacey gloves from the latest interweave since, like, I wear gloves all the time now).

Mon Feb 12, 11:36:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home